Tools for Managing Cloud Services
Cloud is an easy solution to manage different resources of the company, but cloud in itself is a complex entity, dedicated to work round the clock to serve various purposes of organization, including machine to machine communication. Due to this reason, Cloud services need to be managed, as unmanaged clouds are more prone to crashes. Cloud management smoothes its functionality and optimizes its capacity to handle the amount of tasks it is associated with.
Managing the cloud services benefits the implementation of solutions and helps businesses with:
- Improved protection level: Systems using cloud services to secure their data periodically need to optimize. Since the cloud usually works under extreme conditions which means high workload, stress and increased computational tasks, mistakes can sometimes arise. The use of cloud management tools improves its capacity and its elements, ultimately improving the performance of cloud to protect data.
- Automatic recovery and load distribution: Where an unmanaged cloud crashes under load condition due to degraded computational capabilities, a managed cloud serves properly by taking full advantage of available infrastructure and automatically recovering the support of virtualization of hardware hosts.
- Scalable infrastructure: When entire data centers are secured and managed properly, cloud services easily accommodate the upgradation of resources. This provides flexibility in the use of cloud services and a more scalable infrastructure, which resizes itself according to the requirement of the company.
Different Cloud management tools are available in the market having key features of their own. Few of them are listed below:
- Scalr: It provides with high fault-tolerance and automatic recovery web-site. It monitors all the servers periodically and checks for the crash or error in any of the server. If found, it replaces it on its own. It ensures data security and regularly keeps backup and uses Amazon EBS database for data back-up purposes.
- rPath: It is a system automation platform which automates the platform allocation, manages applications over different machines and delivers updates and patches.
- CrowdDirector: It manages the availability of servers in critical situations and re-computes the cloud for maximum control over web services. CrowdDirector is equivalent to having high power load balancers to improve the availability of the web-site in high traffic conditions.
- Kaavo: Offers to solve the challenges in deploying and managing distributed applications in cloud computing. It provides IT infrastructure management in public, private and hybrid cloud.
While organizations are evaluating their computing requirements in core IT services, they must analyze which cloud computing company could service them in order to maintain their business requirements for resources, platforms and infrastructure.